[Amps] Alpha 76PA Conversion - Drive Issue

Robert W5AJ woodr90 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:02:04 EST 2021

Steve,

Have MLA2800 (converted MLA2500), it's still in the garage/tool room, it
can do 1500watts out, CW (the power supply isn't good to maintain that!)
standard 2xEmiac 3cx800

At one time, had Alpha 76 converted to 3CXP800 with the higher voltage HV
Dahl transformer, one day I wasn't thinking and sold it.
It was a nice amp.  Did install a matching transformer on input, bought
from Alpha.

I don't recall Drive being up at 95 watts on either.   Saw comment that
2000VDC was a bit anemic, agreed but one uses what one has. The MLA2800
plate voltage dips down in that range too.

73 W5AJ Robert