[Amps] Distilled water in a dummy load ?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Feb 13 14:17:32 EST 2021

> For the amount of brief testing I do, and sometimes with low duty
> cycles, sometimes high  duty cycles,   distilled water just might be
> easier to  work with  vs xfmr oil.
The issue would be time/duty cycle.  Distilled water has a lower
specific heat (1 BTU/F/lb vs. ~1800 BTU/F/lb) and lower boiling
point (212 F vs ~570 F).  Water would heat and boil much more
quickly than transformer oil (even if one used vapor point - ~150 F
for some oils - instead of boiling point).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV