[Amps] Distilled water in a dummy load ?

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 22 15:11:28 EST 2021

A quick note about distilled water: if the resistor gets hot enough to boil water at its surface (regardless of the temperature of the water mass), the steam will partially insulate the the resistor from its coolant, in which case trouble will definitely ensue.

I’ve read that aviation turbine oil will do well, as will the already mentioned drug store mineral oil.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith