[Amps] Swan Mark 1 on 160 meters

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jul 1 05:19:03 EDT 2021

On 6/30/2021 7:46 PM, Jim wrote:
> Jim
>
> We were speaking of using toroids for RF TANK CIRCUITS.
>
> Not common mode chokes.

I clearly understand that, and I'm pointing out how you and other
designers can figure out which materials are suitable for THOSE uses,
which are inductive. You clearly did not read or study my post. I
suggest that you carefully study it and use what you learn to study the
Fair-Rite data.

Your post suggests that ALL magnetic materials in toroid form are all
same, but, in fact, there are HUGE differences between magnetic
materials made as toroids. We've used resistors with radial leads for a
century, but all resistors are not the same. And so on.

73, Jim K9YC