[Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26

k9mk at flash.net k9mk at flash.net
Mon Jul 12 11:00:47 EDT 2021

Greetings,

    I assume we are comparing the same part "supplier" in each amp?
    One final versus two changes the beast.
    Back in the day I saw a number of "equivalent" parts that never
performed the same despite spec equivalency.

    The Yaesu Quadra uses Hi/Low voltage to try and keep the efficiency more
or less the same at lower power levels.
    I think the unknown here is the IMD performance.  I suspect the KPA's
termination is off of optimal for this reason.

YMMV

73  Mike K9MK