[Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26

Adrian vk4tux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:56:21 EDT 2021

The problem also with that is the temperature at the LDMOS source
material (mount flange) is usually much hotter than where the sensor

is located. In the SPE anyway, on which I have measured (infra red laser
thermometer) a 69 deg C TD between the two.

So the indicated temp is usually the heat-sink average, and not the device.

That is why 50 deg C indicated is a safer limit, I would not take it
past 70 in a pinch.

It would interesting to check the sensor and LDMOS (on both) TD in the
KPA1500.

vk4tux