[Amps] Vacuum Relay Question

Jim Garland 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Mon Jul 26 13:13:14 EDT 2021

Hi Rob,

I agree with everything you say.  I'm afraid didn't make clear the
purpose of my matching network. It does just what you suggest: when on
80m  circuit routes the transmitter directly to the bottom of the 67 ft
monopole, turning it into a conventional 1/4 wave ground plane
vertical.  When on 160m, the monopole becomes a shortened, base-loaded
vertical, with the required inductance and impedance matching provided
by the matching network. The shortened 160m antenna actually works
surprisingly well, although naturally it has a narrow BW of about 40
kHz. SInce I use it only on CW, that's fine with me. I'll send a
diagram  and a photo to your personal email. I like your ball gap.
suggestion.

73,

Jim W8ZR