[Amps] HF 30 dB Coupler

Ron W4BIN ka4inm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 11:29:00 EDT 2021

On 6/14/21 8:11 PM, Richard Solomon wrote:

> Looking for an HF (3-30 MHz) Coupler
> for rf measurements. HB or commercial
> will do. Accuracy is not important but
> flatness would be a concern.

> 30dB port would do.

> Any suggestions ?

   I think I found one:

   see:
https://www.smc-comms.com/products-smc/matching-transformers-multicouplers/directional-couplers/1kw-hf-directional-coupler/

   Oddly, rated for 1.0 kW it's connectors are only rated a 500. Watts.
   - 30. dB

   With this kind of bandwidth, may I suggest it won't be
perfectly flat, so a computer needs to used to normalize
the output by correcting it's actual response.

   I have seen designs for HF directional couplers made
with two (or more) torrid transformers, but directionality
and band width were not reviled.

--
    Ron  W4BIN - Understanding is much better than
                                      knowing how.U