[Amps] Swan Mark 1 on 160 meters

Bill Smith ko4nrbs at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 10:24:40 EDT 2021

Considering adding 160 meters to my Swan Mark 1 amplifier.  The power supply and RF deck were overhauled in 2003.   At that time a new transformer was also added to replace the shorted out original one.  Since the RF deck was barren when I got it I added a Radio Switch 86 bandswitch and new tank coils.  It works well 80-10 meters using the original 3-400Z tubes.
Thought I would use the instructions for adding 160 to the Heathkit 220.  The bandswitch has an extra contacts I could use so no relays would be required.
My question is would Toroid core type tank coil work in this application or would it overheat?  I've seen recommendations for using a Amidon T-225A-2 powdered-iron toroidal core.
Thanks,Bill KO4NR