[Amps] Looking for Alpha 87A expertise

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Tue Mar 16 11:42:58 EDT 2021

As an addendum to Paul’s informative post, my own QSK circuit (QST June
2015, and  http://www.w8zr.net/homebrew/) has a “lock-on” feature that
keeps the amplifier locked on-line until RF from the exciter is off, even
if the PTT line opens. Similarly, it keeps the amplifier locked “off-line”
when the PTT line closes if RF is present at the input. The purpose of both
features is to prevent hot switching of the vacuum relays.
73,
Jim w8zr
Sent from my iPhone