[Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question

gudguyham gudguyham at aol.com
Mon May 3 17:15:23 EDT 2021

The Alpha 87a shouldn’t even have a neutral as there isn’t one on the line cord.  The line cord should only have two hots and a ground.  The supply from the receptacle should only have two hots and a ground.  The ground is connected to the chassis.  The two hot legs are generally bypassed to ground with bypass caps inside the amp.  It could be that one of them is leaky as they are always hot with AC.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS