[Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Mon May 3 23:46:37 EDT 2021

I think that I see your problem. The ground wire should never carry ANY
current. It is not a substitute for neutral.
With the old wiring system for dryers of 2 hot and neutral (3 wires total)
it had to be a dedicated circuit with no other connections to that line.

You need the amp chassis connected to the GROUND lead only. All other
outlets on your secondary box must have their grounds connected to the
ground lead also. The neutral leads from the other outlets should go only to
the neutral wire back to the main panel.

The GROUND and NEUTRAL should be bonded together ONLY in the main panel,
nowhere else!

The amp should be wired only to L1, L2 and GROUND wire.

73
Gary  K4FMX