[Amps] Alpha 87A Power Supply Question

gudguyham gudguyham at aol.com
Tue May 4 16:43:46 EDT 2021

Well actually by code the only place where neutral and ground can come together in an electrical service is at the first disconnect point.  Some meter systems have the main breaker incorporated within the meter gear.  If that’s the case the neutral and ground come together there at the meter pan and the ground goes to the grounding electrode from that point.  From there the main lug only panel is serviced by three insulated wires L- L2-N and ground/bonding conductor.  The neutral bar floats above ground ( the can) and the can gets a separate bar for grounds only.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 4:08 PM, Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

On 5/4/2021 7:24 AM, MU 4CX250B wrote:
> I believe the appropriate hookup depends on the circuitry. As already
> noted, the guiding principle is that return current should always be
> through neutral, and never through ground.

NO, NO, NO!

As K4FMX has correctly told you, the amp needs ONLY Line, Line, and
Ground. It does NOT need Neutral, and you should make no connection to
it. It is a HUGE violation of Code to connect Neutral to Ground anywhere
except the Panel where power enters your home.

73, Jim K9YC