[Amps] ACOM 2000A and Two Transmitter In-Band Operation

wc1m73 at gmail.com wc1m73 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:58:17 EST 2021

Strange. When there's a problem with T/R sequencing, the amp normally
reports a relay sequencing problem or that it's seeing RF at the wrong time.
An arc fault indicates a problem at the 2000A's output.

It could be that you have an intermittent issue with the antenna, the
feedline, connectors, etc. that's causing a momentary change in impedance
(or an open or short circuit), and the 2000A is more sensitive to it than
the Alpha 99.

You could eliminate the possibility that there's a T/R sequencing error by
feeding the 2000A's KEY OUT signal to the mult radio (use diodes if you need
to combine it with another source of TX INH.)

73, Dick WC1M