[Amps] Hole punches

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 10 21:27:44 EDT 2021

> I collected a set many years ago, and still use one (or loan one) once
> in a while. They're an excellent tool for large holes, especially if you
> don't own a drill press, which I don't.

The only time I saw hole punches used, was around 1991, when I helped a
fellow in HVAC over a summer.  He had a Greenlee set.  He'd drill a
pilot hole, then use the punch, which cut out a piece of metal in the
shape of a Pringles potato chip, and bent the cabinets and panels.  I
thought the idea was nice, but could do as much damage with a sharp
chisel, and hammer, so wrote off punches at that time.  Seeing that the
design never changed, I've them little thought over the years.

Kurt