[Amps] Diamond X510 Power Handling

ve3rwj at winsystem.org ve3rwj at winsystem.org
Mon Oct 11 13:07:22 EDT 2021

Folks,

I’m probably the only person on here who is limited to 2 M/70 CM FM simplex during the VHF contests. I want to make the best of it though. 😊

I’m considering the Diamond X510 antenna, and its specs claim it can handle 330 W on 2M, 250 on 70 CM.

Really?

On FM?

Can someone confirm this?

I’m considering running a TE Systems 1452G, which, if it puts out 360 W, will result in about 290 W by the time it gets to the antenna, after traveling through 50 feet of LMR-400. I’ll probably run a little less than that, so think 250 W at the antenna.

(Also considering the 4452G on 70 CM.)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Chris