[Amps] TL-922A on 17 & 12

Thomas w2co at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 10:06:25 EDT 2021

This tells me 100-200w are being sent back to the PS by a partially
resonant choke, thus the "brown spots".
You need to use an accurate grid dip meter with the choke in circuit to
measure for any resonances near the
freqs you plan on using. If you make any changes like adding or removing
windings, you would need to check
all the bands again! If the choke opens and unwinds during operation, it
could short the B+ to ground! Bang!
73
de W2CO