[Amps] Amp With A Roller Inductor?

Steven Katz stevek at jmr.com
Mon Sep 13 16:10:53 EDT 2021

I've had various Henry amps with edge-wound roller inductors as the primary PLATE tuning mechanism.

My last one, a Henry 3K Premier, used that.   It used plunger-switch selected (activated by cams on a camshaft that was the bandswitch) fixed capacitors for each band, with the main plate tuning being the roller inductor.

You just tune for Ip dip/maximum output power (which also coincides with the Ig peak -- all the same tuning point) just like with any other tube-type, manually-tuned tank amplifier.

-WB2WIK