[Amps] Amp With A Roller Inductor?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Sep 13 18:05:42 EDT 2021

 > How does one tune an amp that uses instead of a tapped inductor, but
 > uses a roller one?

Depends on whether the amplifier has a band switch which selects fixed
"Tune" capacitors for each band or a continuously variable "Tune" cap.

In the former case, one uses the inductor the same way one would use
a tune cap - dip the plate, peak with the Load cap.

In the latter case, one typically sets the inductor to a specific
value for each band (check the manual) then tune/load as with an
amplifier having a tapped inductor.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV