[Amps] toroid tank coil heating up

Victor Rosenthal k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 13:15:10 EDT 2021

The blue type ( -1) would give you more inductance with fewer turns on
160 and 80. I suspect it would run cooler. I don't know how, or if, it
would work on 40.

You might try a stack of one of each (OK, that was a joke!)

Have you determined the operating Q? Maybe you can lower it to reduce
the current.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel