[Amps] 91b saga

John Bodine john.bodine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:36:36 EDT 2021

Lou,

   On one of my 91Bs I had the transformer lifting cable touch the mains
board and blow apart some of the trace. It didn't do much after that and I
used a 1" piece of #12 solid wire to bridge the missing trace. Don't know
if that helps...

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 11:05 AM gudguyham via Amps <amps at contesting.com>
wrote:

> Folks,well although the saga continues, it’s been determined that the
> schematic is in error concerning the wiring of K1.  The schematic is wrong
> and thus threw me on a wild goose chase with this amp.  The schematic shows
> there should be a closed loop through K1 of 15 ohms.  The amp is wired
> differently such that the loop is open and in fact closes in a fault.  This
> distracted my attention there.  This has been proven when Dick was kind
> enough to pull J4 off his amp and it started up, confirming the error in
> the schematic.  Just great huh?  Make a notation on your schematics to the
> effect.  So going back to the mains board to keep looking.  I’ll report
> when solved.  Time permitting.
>

> Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

Later,
        John Bodine/WU2E