[Amps] Amp Pricing(??)

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 08:31:12 EST 2022

You can get a decent deal on a good amp with more power than buying an AL811h that’s for sure!!

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Monday, December 5, 2022, 7:32 AM, Ozzie Oz <radion2qn at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone. I'll just cut to the chase. The itch is back to return to
radio after only 5 years, and began researching prices for equipment. Yea,
I'll admit there was a "gasp". But the real sticker shock hit when I saw
the prices for amplifiers. What happened?? I'm still amazed to see the
price for a new AL-811 is $1400!! (Not even going to dare mentioning any of
the other Ameritron amps...lol.) So...umm...(again)...what happened? Are
there no other options for operators that want a small foot print 600W??

Maybe I should've taken the time to pay attention to those who tried to
guide me down the road of "home-brewing".

Ozzie, N2QN