[Amps] L-PI amp network

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Tue Dec 20 17:25:13 EST 2022

Hello Jim,

Wow! What a treasure trove of good info!

Thank you for sharing it with me.

I appreciate the detail in which you EXPLAIN things.  Although answers
may be enough, I really want to know 'why' it is, what it is.

I do have an AAD meter and my AIM 4170, which is one of my mainstays.

I hadn't thought about the clicks.  I know that some of the amps 4
decades ago were using a 22 volt zener for CW bias, and I think thats
what the Eimac tube info shows.  I can use something a bit less than
that and call it 'good'.   I can just tweak it for a low value of
quiescent plate current.

I think I'm going to attempt to make some strap.  As I've said before,
I've got beaucoup 2 inch wide copper.  Once I can get the folding
started, I can get it really flat with the 6 inch vise on my Bridgeport.

73 de Steve, NR4M