[Amps] NOS 8874 (3cx400)

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 06:06:37 EST 2022

Those tubes getter with just filament voltage so to degas them run them with normal filament voltage and cooling.  Those tubes are very unlikely to get gassy but anything is possible so why not be safe and getter them for 24-48 hours.  Running lower plate voltage isn’t very helpful unless it’s a thoriated filament which it’s not so once you run it with filament voltage only for some time, that’s the best you could do.  Getting the anode hot doesn’t degas those tubes.  It’s very possible you can use them right off but no harm done waiting.  Being the tubes are rare and expensive being cautious is wise.  Good luck and HNY

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS