[Amps] Centrifugal Blowers

Byron Tatum bjtatum1 at att.net
Thu Jan 27 10:03:24 EST 2022

Thanks Guys-    I appreciate all the suggestions on repairing my blowers. The units I have are Kooltronics KBB47-5 with a motor #7162-0802. This motor is 3400 RPM at 60 Hz. I am looking for a lower speed motor as this blower is excessively noisy and I can get by with less airflow in SSB/CW service. I need to stay with my existing housings as I cannot find any replacements that have same bolt hole pattern (2-5/8" square) or flange dimensions (3-1/4" square).    What happens to these motors if I reduce the voltage to slow them? Or, do they work this way, in other words is the frequency of AC what should be varied? Say I was to lower AC voltage to 60 or 70 VAC, will the motor be negatively affected?Thanks,Byron W5FH