[Amps] Why does power output increase?

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 07:35:20 EDT 2022

Yes, I found it here:
<https://www.w8ji.com/filament_voltage_life.htm>

He notes that the Eimac specs for the 3-500Z call for 4.75-5.25v.

What I should do is check my line voltage (it is usually pretty close to
230 here) and measure the voltage at the tube pins in standby when the
line voltage is at the highest expected value. Then adjust it to be just
under the maximum value. That way when it drops, it will be more likely
to stay above the minimum.

So by setting it to 5.0v in standby I have been doing it wrong all
along! Probably 5.2v would be a better choice.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
CWops #5