[Amps] Why does power output increase?

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 08:47:51 EDT 2022

Leave it without the resistor.  Don’t mess with it  anymore.  Tube failures are more likely G-F shorts.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Sunday, June 5, 2022, 8:39 AM, Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic at gmail.com> wrote:

The line voltage was 235, about what it usually is. The amp is wired for
240v (my model also has a 220v tap). When I removed the resistor that I
had added, the filament voltage was 5.1 volts in standby. I suppose I
could have changed to the 220v tap and left the resistor in, but I don't
want to tempt fate.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel