[Amps] Is an AMP worthwhile.

Joe nss at mwt.net
Mon Mar 7 23:24:25 EST 2022

Hi David,
Yes tuning into a perfect 1 to 1 dummy, or resonant antenna.

The AMP is defyng all logic.

It is an old SB-220. with different HV supply, 3700/380 volts

Because of the higher voltage the tank circuit needed some major changes
like the Plate cap could not go ow enough so it now has an ameritron
one.  the "L" was way off and got tired trying to get a good tap so
changed it out to a roller.

It makes 1500 watts easily, tubes stay cool hard to get them to ever
change color grid current is super ow even at 1500 watts OUT it is like
only 100ma.

So the amp is like super happy in every way except the load cap does
NOTHING! it's crazy.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET