[Amps] Fwd: Western Electric

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Mar 23 04:19:23 EDT 2022

On 3/22/2022 11:37 PM, ve3rwj at winsystem.org wrote:
> That said, I've owned and gotten good audio reports using a couple of his microphones on the air, the HM-12, and the HM-Pro.
> I still own and use those HTH headsets with my various HT's.

He's built those mics with response tailored for competitive SSB, just
as Shure did beginning with the earliest days of SSB in the late '50s.
Without the built-in EQ, you need that; with built-in EQ, the CM500
sounds at least as good, and the cans are very comfortable and sound
good. I have no problem wearing them in a 2-day weekend contest.

73,  Jim