[Amps] Western Electric

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 24 00:24:11 EDT 2022

I'm simply gobstopped by stuff like this. Lessee: the WE 91B
sooper-dooper amplifier runs about $16k for 20 W per channel at an
astonishing 10% THD! Compare that to the Yamaha A-S501 at 85 W per
channel at 0.017% THD. It's not about power in this case, but about the
distortion values. I can't find IMD distortion figures for either one of
these, but the Yamaha is guaranteed to have much less intermod
distortion that the WE 91B. Oh, and it costs about $550.

So, someone needs to explain to me again what's so magical about the
WE91B because I simply don't get it.

Kim N5OP

//