[Amps] TL922 failure - SOLVED

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:18:49 EDT 2022

As usual, it turned out to be my fault.

I put a small ww resistor in series with the filament transformer
primary to reduce the filament voltage to exactly 5.0v.

The resistor has been there for years, and it had migrated so that it
touched the bottom plate of the amp. It was coated with some insulating
material, but that ultimately wore through.

I made sure that that can't happen again. I had quite a scare, believing
that it might be one of the transformers!

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO