[Amps] 6M amp.

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Oct 22 04:40:46 EDT 2022

On 10/22/2022 12:36 AM, jim.thom jim.thom at telus.net wrote:
> For QSK CW, 24 msecs is way too long. 1-2 msecs is about the max you can
> use for QSK CW.

I love QSK CW on HF, but it's totally un-necessary at VHF and above.
Besides, what I've heard of transition time of relays in an antenna
system and switching for preamps are likely to be the limiting factor.

More to the point -- CW has been dead on 6M, at least from my
observation point in NorCal for at least four years. Although I've been
primarily a CW operator since 1956, the last CW signal I heard on 6M was
4 years ago, and it was a VE6 that I had to send 4 cards over 3 years to
get a QSL.

73, Jim K9YC