[Amps] 10 kw CCS on 6M

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 10 21:36:03 EDT 2022

Don Fox raises a question I’ve wondered about for years: how are these very high power amplifiers initially placed in service? Today, we have VNAs we can put in the palm of our hand, how is it done now and how was it done when there was nothing but vacuum tubes? How adjustable are the PA output circuits? It can’t possibly be done the way we tune our puny 1.5 kW amps.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith