[Amps] ETO/Alpha 76 Tri-tube

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Apr 16 13:14:58 EDT 2023

On 4/16/2023 4:04 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> There's nothing wrong with a RCA jack for the input RF to a power
> amplifier, except that you have to put a RCA plug on the end of a
> feedline, which is about the easiest coaxial plug to install there is.

The tricky part of this is finding quality RCA jacks and plugs in 2023.
The last quality RCA plug I know about was made by Switchcraft. I still
have some in my stash. I don't know if there is a quality chassis-mount
jack available. Remember that to provide shielding, the cable shield
MUST be bonded to the shielding enclosure at the point of entry. As
printed circuit construction took over several decades ago,
chassis-mounted jacks have become hard to find.  And, of course,
transmission line must be used to carry the drive to the input stage; it
doesn't have to be coax -- Elecraft used twisted pair in at least one of
their products.

73, Jim K9YC