[Amps] Swan Mark 1 Filament Choke Problem

Bill Smith ko4nrbs at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 21:10:22 EDT 2023

Well, it looks like it is definitely the Filament Choke.  According to this calculator I need a lot more turns on the torrid core (FT240-43).  Since it is bifilar wound with the 12AWG would you halve the recommended number of turns?  The third winding is a single winding.  What is your take on it?https://miguelvaca.github.io/vk3cpu/toroid.html

This one is how I wound the choke.  Appears it is not keeping the drive out of the filament transformer.  Can't get the autotuner I use to tune the input.  Worked ok before.https://coil32.net/online-calculators/ferrite-torroid-calculator.html
Was wondering if I can take the Ameritron bifilar wound filament choke made for 160-10 meters and wind the 3rd winding on it in-between the existing bifilar windings?
Thanks everyone, Bill