[Amps] Starting up a NEW Henry amp

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Dec 11 12:53:07 EST 2023

On 12/11/2023 12:38 PM, Victor Rosenthal wrote:

> The Henry Ultra amps have pi-network input circuits for each band.
> They have adjustable coils, L1-L6 on the schematic. If someone has
> misadjusted them, you can see high SWR.

The 3K/8K Ultra does not have tuned inputs ... it has a pair of
1:1.56 "UNUN" and no (cathode) swamping unlike the Alpha 77 which
has a tuned tank (parallel resonant) per band.  The lack of a
tuned input in the Henry places the uncompensated grid to cathode
capacitance directly across the input.

The 3K and 8K Ultra manual with schematics and parts list is here:
<http://bama.edebris.com/download/henry/3k8kultra/3K%20and%208K%20Ultra.pdf>

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV