[Amps] 60 Hz B+ Ripple

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Dec 30 20:30:36 EST 2023

On 12/30/2023 11:33 AM, Wayne, W0ZW wrote:
> I recently had reason to look at the purity of the B+ supply voltage for my Ten-Tec Titan amplifier.

I once owned three of the original Titans.  Hum I've experienced was
caused by one or two bad lytics in the HV string. Easy test is after
everything is discharged, use VOM going one direction and then the other
one each cap, noticing the extent of charge-discharge for typical, then
going back through to note which is (are) bad. I've never experienced
more than two.

Note that a 90% schematic is on my website. k9yc.com/publish.htm  Scroll
down.

73, Jim K9YC