[Amps] Kenwood TL-922 Power off issue

N4IJ dougn4ij at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 12:42:52 EST 2023

I think I have read about this in the past, but not sure. I was using
the amp on 10m working some DX. Went to shut it off with the power
switch, but the amp stayed powered up. I ended up unplugging it.
In reviewing the schematic it seemed like the only issue could be the
power switch arced and welded shut.  I don't have the schematic in front
of me now.   Well, I was going to confirm all of this before looking for a
replacement switch, or relay if that is the issue.   The amp now powers up
and shuts off ok.
What?  Something welded and then broke loose?

Doug N4IJ