[Amps] A Naive Question...

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 12 23:59:58 EST 2023

When I look at transmit tube ratings, I see that they're always
specified in watts, which makes perfect sense because the grid structure
can dissipate only so much heat before all manner of Bad Things will
happen. Every amp I've seen measures grid current, and the spec sheets
specify currents for "typical" operating conditions for the various
tubes. But... How do I convert grid current to grid dissipation? Do I
need some kind of grid impedance to do that?

Kim N5OP