[Amps] A Naive Question...

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Jan 18 00:20:25 EST 2023

I always use the Fourier series calculation based on using a selected
load line on the constant current characteristic curves. Using a series
of 8 - 10 points (i forget) along this load line, plug them into the
equations and it gives the approximate DC parameters. This also gives
grid dissipation. The formulas are programmed into an ancient program I
wrote, but there are others equally valid in doing this. Its the method
described by Eimac in electron tube calculator #5. Its also in their
Care and Feeding of Power Grid Tubes book online.

John

K5PRO