[Amps] Oil (NON PCB) filled capacitor repair possible ?

Ron W4BIN ka4inm at gmail.com
Tue May 2 14:28:41 EDT 2023

  Harald LB2HG/AA4NX Garberg-Gule wrote:

> I have a working but leaking oil filled capacitor, HEC 21052 CC602 6UF
> 8Kv DC used in my Henry 8K Ultra (3 Phase 230V). The oil comes out at
> on the top of the canister under one of the HV connectors.
>
> I wonder if there is a way I can repair it or I have to get a new one ?
>
> During testing at drive levels around 100 Watt it has behaved well ...
> however with some minor oil spill.

   I have sealed up a few by:  1. moping up dry,  2. wiping the entire
top dry with 100% isopropyl alcohol or lacquer thinner without pressing
down on the top,  3. without touching the top inject a fillet around the
insulator at the top [½ wide at the hypotenuse] with (RED) high
temperature silicone sealer, let set up without disturbing