[Amps] Foster Transformer Company

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 13:50:52 EST 2023

Gents:
I just had a very nice chat with a fellow named Herm Harrison at Foster.
Herm confirmed that they were a supplier for Drake back in the day, and possibly a few other ham related companies.

Regarding rewinding, Herm says that most of the time this is not economical due to age and the possibility of damage during disassembly.
He told me that folks can call, email, etc with their specs, and he can figure out a price. Obviously, a one or two off order will be more than if you are buying quantity, unless the item is something they make regularly.

Herm appears to know the history of the company very well, and advised that their current location was owned by Crosley Radio of Powell/Crosley radio fame at one time.

Don  N8ECH