[Amps] Foster Transformer Company

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 10 15:18:04 EST 2023

On 11/10/2023 6:16 AM, Randall, Randy wrote:
> Crosley was vertically integrated

In addition to WLW on 700 kHz, WLWT on channel 5, and the massive Voice
Of America station mid-way between Cincy and Dayton, they also sold
consumer products under that brand name. Growing up in the '40s and
'50s, I remember my grandmother having a Crosley table radio.

And we drove 4 hours from  WV to watch the Cincinnati Reds played at
Crosley Field. From a history of the ballpark on the internet, I learned
that Powel Crosley, "who earned his wealth in the radio and automobile
industries, bought the Reds in 1934."

73, Jim K9YC