[Amps] AE9K Alpha Monitoring Program Web Site?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 21 02:13:28 EST 2023

For info. about identifying, renumbering, and relabeling COM Port numbers
displayed by Windows Device Manager, see this presentation linked from my
QRZ.COM page <https://www.qrz.com/db/N6TV>.

   - Everything You Need to Know About USB and Serial Interfaces
   <https://bit.ly/USBserial2021>, updated for 2021, presented to Spokane
   DX Association, Feb. 3rd, 2022
      - Watch YouTube recording of this presentation here
      <https://youtu.be/X1yLJ9mi0gY>.

FTDI devices are usually powered from the USB cable connected to the PC,
which is why they appear even when the connected device is turned OFF.

To identify which COM port is the device, open Windows Device Manager,
expand the *Ports* section, then disconnect the USB cable from the Device,
and you should see one or more COM ports disappear from the list (or turn
gray if *View > Show Hidden Devices* is enabled in the Device Manager Menu).

73,
Bob, N6TV