[Amps] step start

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 07:31:15 EDT 2023

Hello group,
The take-aways I received so far are:
1. Absolutely have a Plate soft start esp with 200 - 500 uF in the HV.
2. Plate regulation is not as critical as screen regulation.
3. Never apply screen voltage before plate voltage. Safe to apply at the same time. Best practice is to apply plate voltage before screen voltage.

That being said, I can design my soft start to start plate voltage. Once soft start completes and switches out the 25Ohm resistors from the plate primary lines, it can energize the screen primary lines to bring the screen voltage on.

Paul.