[Amps] High filament current on the 8877 amplifier tube

Steve Thompson g8gsq at gmx.com
Mon Oct 16 18:24:41 EDT 2023

Assuming they are Eimac manufacture, try asking CPI/Eimac for advice.

The only hazardous material in them is going to be the cathode coating
(Typ. Barium and Strontium oxides); radio and TV tubes containing the
same aren't normally considered hazardous.

Some years ago I used to get ceramic tubes cheap from the local scrap
metal dealer, where they were sent for the copper value in the anode.

Steve G8GSQ