[Amps] MFJ

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sun Apr 28 23:04:57 EDT 2024

There is still a lot of broadcast FM transmitters in the US and
worldwide using CPI/Eimac ceramic/metal tetrodes and triodes. Only need
installs and stations with the bucks can afford to buy a new SS
transmitter right now. Also, scientific market still depends on Eimac
tubes, the larger ones. Fermilab in Chicago has a synchrotron with many
4CW150,000E equivalents. HAARP in Alaska has at least 96 transmitters
that each have a pair of 4CX10,000D. Where I work, we buy Y847C, a glass
HV switchtube, from them (a recent design BTW) and we buy klystrons from
CPI as well. A lot of science labs use their klystrons. I agree that the
smaller tubes, sub 2 kW varieties, are not selling as much, and the
price has soared. I would not suggest CPI/Eimac is out of business.

73

John

K5PRO