[Amps] High Voltage Switching Supply (Bob D.)

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 12:20:02 EST 2024

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but a 'feature' of any supply
for a microwave oven is that it is designed for a short duty cycle.  A
"1500-watt" supply will not provide 1500 watts for amplifying compressed
SSB, CW, or digital transmissions over a period of time of more than a
few minutes. You would have to derate it and probably provide cooling.

73, Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO
CWops no. 5