[Amps] Interested in re-purposing a Dentron Clipperton-V - question about possible power power transformer ICAS KVA

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Mon Mar 11 00:12:22 EDT 2024

This discussion reminded me that been collecting plate transformers for
many years. These are classic big iron so they would be heavier to ship
than Heathkit or Dentron iron. I am interested in selling off much of my
collection, for reasonable prices. I can package them well for shipping
but that will be where the cost is and will take me some time. I build a
wooden bottom, bolt them to this with carriage bolts, and then surround
them with high density foam board in a heavy cardboard box. Finding more
boxes will be challenging. The recommended way is to pick them up from
Santa Fe county, NM. If someone wants a lot of them, certainly this is
the way to go.

If there are hams here interested in building heavy duty CCS power
supplies, send me a note and I will forward the list. There are Stancor,
Thordarson and Dahl equivalents. One of the types is the Stancor P8031.
These are long out of production. Primary is 115/230. Secondary lugs are
marked 2075/1775/0/1775/2075. Using a full wave center tapped rectifier
can produce 1750 VDC at 500 mA CCS or 625 ICAS. They were originally
intended for choke input filters and measure 11.25 inches high x 7.3 x 9
inches roughly and weigh 65 lbs. $100 in my 1952 Radio Master book. I
believe they could be used in doubler applications but not sure what to
do with the center tap then.

73

John

K5PRO