[antennaware] RE: Dipole 17/12 meters

W9SN nw9g@netusa1.net
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:08:53 -0500

Gary Breed wrote:

> ----------

I just did that exact exeriment.  I tore up an old tribander and used
the aluminum
tubing to build a 12/17 meter rotatable dipole with open sleeved feed.
I used a pop-rivet gun to mate the aluminum together and that worked
like a charm!
My 17 meter element was about 1" od and reduced at the ends.
My 12 meter element was 7/8" od and reduced at the ends.
My spacing was exactly 7" and fed with 50 ohm coax.   Mounted it at the
75 ft level on my tower and it works like gang busters.  SWR is flat way
above
and below both bands.  Next I will take it all the way to the top of the
tower and
mount it above my yagis.  73......

                                Steve Narducci
                        Amateur Radio Station -  W9SN